MEDITERRANEAN CITIES TOUR ATHENS - CAIRO
COMBO TOUR TO TWO CITIES WITH THE OLDEST CIVILIZATIONS ON EARTH
Mediterranean combo tour Athens – Cairo, visit:
Continents: Europe, Asia
Countries: Greece, Egypt
Cities: Historical cities of Athens, Delphi, Cairo, Alexandria
Civilizations: Ancient Greek, Egyptian
Tour Code: MED_06GrEg
Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
Season: All the year round
Location: Athens, Delphi, Cairo, Alexandria
Style: countries hopping – History – Photography
Athens city tour with Acropolis and museum
– City tour: Constitution Square (Syntagma), the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the National Library, Hadrian’s Arch, Temple of Olympian Zeus Panathenaic Stadium
– Acropilis: Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion, Parthenon and Acropolis museum
Delphi, ancient religious sanctuary, the navel (ompfalos) of earth.
– Cairo sightseeing – Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinus, Great Sphinx, Valley Temple, Egyptian Museum, Mohamed Ali Alabaster Mosque, Citadel of Salah El Din and old Cairo.
– Alexandria – Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Catacomb, Pompey’s Pillar & Montazah Gardens
- Transportation with Luxury private car or minivan / bus
- Experienced En speaking driver
- Hotels 3*, 4*, 5*
- Meals Breakfast (B,_,D)
- Entrance fees to archeological sites and museums
- Official En speaking local guides
- Meet & Greet on the arrival at the airport
- Flight ticket (International – Domestic flight tickets upon request)
- Greece. Accommodation tax (0.5€ per day per room for guesthouses -1.5€ per day per room for 3* hotels – 3€ per day per room for 4* hotels – 4€ per day per room for 5* hotels) paid directly by the clients to hotel.
- Egypt. Egypt entry visa (can be provided upon arrival at your request)
*All packages are flexible and dynamic for any changes according to any personal needs and desires upon request.
Note: The program can be extended to include:
– In Greece, the classical sites of ancient Corinth, Epidaurus open theater, Homeric Mycenae, ancient Olympia and the Meteora rock monasteries
– In Egypt, the Luxor 5 day cruise
Conduct us for more available packages in the area.
Day 1: Athens arrival (_,_,D)
Arrival at Athens airport. Meet our staff at the airport, welcome. Transfer to your hotel. In the evening escorted walk to Monastiraki and dinner at the a local tavern with delicious souvlaki and shish Kebab dishes
Day 2: Daily Excursion to Delphi (B,_,D)
FD excursion to Delphi. Delphi city considered by the ancients Greeks to be the center of the world and a religious center. We’ll see the archeological site, Temple of Apollo, theater, market, the famous Omphalos(navel of the earth), and finally the Delphi Museum with the amazing sculptures. Then short stop at Arachova traditional village for coffee Return to Athens. In the evening dinner at a tavern at Plaka, Athens old town. Optional with Greek music and dancers.
Day 3: Athens sightseeing tour – Cairo (B,_,D)
Athens sightseeing tour with a guide. Full day Athens city tour with a visit to the Constitution Square (Syntagma), the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier and the National Library. Continue on to watching the Evzones in their picturesque uniform and the Presidential Palace. Before ascend to the Acropolis, you will tour the Hadrian’s Arch, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium where is famed for holding the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Then explore Acropolis, the master pieces of golden age (5th c.BC), Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion, and finally Parthenon. Today’s tour completes the visit to Museum of Acropolis. Then drive to Athens airport for your flight to Cairo, Egypt. Transfer to your hotel.
Day 4: Cairo city tour (B,L,_)
Breakfast. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel, to enjoy an excursion to The Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinus. Then visit the Great Sphinx, the head of a pharaoh with a lion’s body, continue to the Valley Temple, which belongs to the Pyramids of Chephren and next to the Egyptian museum with the over 250,000 overwhelming artifacts. After lunch we visit Mohamed Ali Alabaster Mosque and Citadel of Salah El Din. Head to Old Cairo to visit the Hanging Church, Abu Sirga Church and Synagogue. Back to your hotel.
Day 5: Daily excursion to Alexandria (B,L,D)
Early breakfast at the hotel and drive to Alexandria with the great and sunny beaches. Guided visit to the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Catacomb, Pompey’s Pillar & Montazah Gardens. Lunch at a fine Fish Restaurant. Transfer back to Cairo. In the evening enjoy you dinner on board a Nile cruise for 2 hours including Egyptian folk shows.
Day 9: DEPARTURE (B,_,_)
After breakfast escorted transfer to International Airport for your flight back home.