MEDITERRANEAN CITIES TOUR
ATHENS ISTANBUL ROME HISTORICAL CITIES TOUR
Mediterranean cities tour – visit:
Continents: Europe, Asia
Countries: Italy, Greece, Turkey
Cities: Three historical cities, Athens, Rome, Istanbul
Civilizations: Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman
Tour Code: MED_10cities
Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
Season: All the year round
Location: Istanbul, Athens, Rome
Style: countries hopping – History – Religious – Photography
Athens city tour with Acropolis and museum
– City tour: Constitution Square (Syntagma), the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the National Library, Hadrian’s Arch, Temple of Olympian Zeus Panathenaic Stadium
– Acropolis: Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion, Parthenon and Acropolis museum. Delphi, ancient religious sanctuary, the navel (ompfalos) of earth.
Three island One day cruise – Aegina, Poros, Hyrda
– Istanbul sightseeing – Hippodrome, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, TopKappi Palace, Grand Bazaar, Camlica Hill, Spice bazaar.
– Vosporos cruise.
– Rome sightseeing – Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Saint Peter’s Cathedral, Vatican museums and Sistine Chapel, Coliseum, Palatine Hall and Forum, Campidoglio, Fountain di Trevi, Piazza di Spagnia, Via Veneto and Villa Borghese.
– Florence Or Venice daily excursion
- Transportation with Luxury private car or minivan / bus
- Experienced En speaking driver
- Hotels 3*, 4*, 5*
- Meals Breakfast (B,_,D), In Turkey Lunch (L) included
- Entrance fees to archeological sites and museums
- Official En speaking local guides
- Meet & Greet on the arrival at the airport
- Flight ticket (International – Domestic flight tickets upon request)
- In Greece. Accommodation tax (0.5€ per day per room for guesthouses -1.5€ per day per room for 3* hotels – 3€ per day per room for 4* hotels – 4€ per day per room for 5* hotels) paid directly by the clients to hotel.
*All packages are flexible and dynamic for any changes according to any personal needs and desires upon request.
Shorter tours based on above itinerary can be:
1) Athens – Istanbul Tour 6d /5n – Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
2) Athens – Istanbul Tour 5d /4n – Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
3) Athens – Rome Tour 7d /6n – Days , 3(Athens arrival),4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
4) Athens – Rome Tour 6d /5n – Days , 3(Athens arrival),4, 6, 7, 8, 9.
Conduct us for more available packages in the area.
Day 1: Istanbul arrival (_,_,D)
Arrival to Istanbul Airport, meet with our representative, Transfer to your hotel. Rest of day free. Dinner at the hotel or a selected restaurant. Overnight in Istanbul.
OPTIONAL: Bosporus Dinner Cruise including traditional Turkish entertainment and dinner
Day 2: Istanbul (Constantinople) city tour (B,L,D)
Guided city tour. Visit Agia Sophia built by Constantine the Great in the 4th and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century, Top Kapi Palace the great palace of the Ottoman sultans, Blue Mosque, the Hippodrome, the Grand Bazaar with its 4000 shops selling everything. Lunch on the way. Dinner at a local tavern. OPTIONAL: Evening show with belly dancing entertainment
Day 3: Istanbul Bosporus Cruise – Departure. (B,L,D)
Visit to SPICE BAZAAR (Egyptian Bazaar). The air here is filled with the enticing aromas from various herbs and spices. Then Bosporus by boat, a traditional excursion along the canal separating Europe and Asia. On the way we’ll see, from the boat, many palaces and Ottoman monuments and magnificent views from Camlica Hill. In the afternoon transfer to Istanbul airport. Flight to Athens. Transfer to your hotel. Dinner at the hotel. Overnight in Athens
Day 4: Athens sightseeing tour (B,_,D)
Athens sightseeing tour with a guide. Full day Athens city tour with a visit to the Constitution Square (Syntagma), the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier and the National Library. Continue on to watching the Evzones in their picturesque uniform and the Presidential Palace. Before ascend to the Acropolis, you will tour the Hadrian’s Arch, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium where is famed for holding the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Then explore Acropolis, the master pieces of golden age (5th c.BC), Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion, and finally Parthenon. Today’s tour completes the visit to Museum of Acropolis. In the evening walk to Plaka, Monastiraki area and have dinner at a Greek tavern with souvlaki and shish kebab dishes.
Day 5: Cruise to 3 Islands – Aegina, Poros, Hydra (B,_,D)
Morning transfer to Piraeus port. Embark on boat for 1 day cruise with lunch and show on board, to 3 islands, Aegina, Poros, Hydra. On the way back dinner at a tavern at Microlimano small yachting port. Overnight in Athens.
Day 6: Daily Excursion to Delphi OR Argolida (B,_,_)
FD excursion to Delphi. Delphi city considered by the ancients Greeks to be the center of the world and a religious center. We’ll see the archeological site, Temple of Apollo, theater, market, the famous Omphalos( = navel of the earth), and finally the Delphi Museum with the amazing sculptures. Then short stop at Arachova traditional village for coffee. Return to Athens airport to get your flight to Rome. Arrival in Rome. transfer to hotel.
Argolida with the Homeric Mycenae (1300 B.C), Ancient open theatre of Epidaurus (4th B.C) with its famous acoustic system and beautiful Nafplio. Also we see the Corinth canal. Return to Athens airport for your flight to Rome. Overnight in Rome
Day 7: Rome Sightseeing (B,_,D)
Full day guided city tour to see the Pantheon, the gorgeous Piazza Navona, built on the ruins of the Domitian’s Circus, the Vatican museums and Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter’s Cathedral, Colosseum, Palatine Hall and Forum. Walk to Campidoglio towards the Trevi Fountain a baroque jewel, make a wish, and walk to Piazza di Spagnia. Later you can walk in Via Veneto and Villa Borghese. Dinner at a selected restaurant. Overnight in Rome.
Day 8: Daily excursion to Venice OR Florence (B,L,_)
Venice. Morning transfer to Venice by train. Guided city tour.
Doge’s Palace, the Bridge of Sighs, Piazza San Marco and the Duomo. Lunch in a typical restaurant and free time. In the evening return to Rome
OR Florence city tour. We drive on “Sun Route” motorway and we arrive to Florence. Guided visit of the city. The Duomo, the Third “Pietà” by Michelangelo, the Baptistry, Giotto’s Belfry, the Museum of the Accademia, Piazza della Signoria. Lunch in a typical restaurant. Late in the afternoon we return Rome. Overnight in Rome
Day 9: DEPARTURE(B,_,_)
Morning free time in Rome. Transfer to airport for your flight back home.