ATHENS CITY BREAK no2
ATHENS WEEKEND - WALKING FOOD TOUR AND PISTA GREEK NIGHT
Athens spend a weekend like a Greek. Test the Greek delicacies, meet the local culture and the everyday life, see Athens the way Athenians see it, beautiful and yet often messy. This unique tour will give you the chance to taste several different traditional foods like koulouri, tyropita, bougatsa, loukoumades, olives, souvlaki and test Greek wines and ouzo. Enjoy one night like a Greek.
Tour Code: ATH_03cbft
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Season: All the year round, weekend recommended
Location: Athens city
Style: Walking tour, Greek cosine, photography
- Explore the Greek culinary scene in one of the city’s oldest and graphic neighborhoods
- See the different neighborhoods, ranging from working-class havens to boutique boulevards.
- Sample unique local delicacies, from small-batch olive oils and loukoumades to souvlaki and bougatsa (cream-filled phyllo pastry).A special experience walking the backstreets into bakeries, markets,olive oil, souvlaki and hidden cafes.
- Transportation with private Luxury car or minivan
- Experienced En speaking driver
- Hotels 3*, 4*, 5*
- Meals Half Board(B,_,D)
- Official En speaking local guides
- Meet & Greet on the arrival at the airport
- Greek night with pista show
- Flight tickets
- Hotel accommodation tax (1.5€ per day per room for 3* hotels, 3€ per day per room for 4* hotels, 4€ per day per room for 5* hotels)
*All packages are flexible and dynamic for any changes according to any personal needs and desires upon request.
Welcome to Athens, Greece!
Day 1: Athens arrival (_,_,D)
Morning arrival to Athens. Guided visit to Stavros Niarchos Cultural center. Continue to Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896. Then drive to Lycabetus. Take the cable car up to the hill for Athens great views and photos. Transfer to hotel. In the afternoon walk (escort upon request) to Plaka, Athens old town and Monastiraki area and have dinner at a local tavern with souvlaki and shish Kebab dishes.
Day 2: Athens walking street food tour – Greek night. (B,_,D)
This 4hrs tour takes you through all areas of Athens and shows you some of the best stops for authentic Greek food. Taste the best of Greek cuisine like koulouri, kebab, Souvlaki, traditional pies, olive oil, wine, tsipouro, bougatsa, loukoumades, and much more. Skip breakfast and prepare for the ultimate food experience in Athens! In the evening Athens by night and later, about 23.00 hours transfer to a pista show (club, with popular Greek singers and bouzouki music) and party the night away like a Greek. Return to hotel on your own.
Day 3: Depending on your departure time walk to Ermou st with its fancinating small shops for last minute shopping. Explore underground at the metro stations where you’ll see parts of ancient Athens. Stroll in the narrow and cobbled streets of Plaka and have a coffee at a small café, Agora, Psiri, Monastiraki flea market. Then transfer to Athens airport for your flight back home.
NOTE: Acropolis guided visit upon request.