ATHENS CITY BREAK
Athens IS a city that you should visit at least once in life! Imagine a city with significant ancient and modern sights, buzzing days and long-lasting nights, with amazing Mediterranean culinary restaurants and excellent local street food..a city with more than 50kms coastline, with posh and classy areas next to picturesque bohemian and alternative neighborhoods. There are no words to describe the unique experience of exploring Athens!
- Tour Code: Athens City Break
- Duration: 3days/ 2nights
- Operating: All year
- ATHENS SIGHTSEEING – Constitution Square (Syntagma), House of Parliament, Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, National Library, Hadrian’s Arch, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathenaic Stadium (first modern Olympic Games), Acropolis, Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion, Parthenon, Acropolis Museum.
- All transfers with private luxury car or minivan
- Hotels 3* or 4* on BB base
- Private professional and licensed guide
- Meet & Greet on the arrival at the Athens airport for Welcome and sharing informations
- All entrance fees to archaeological sites and museums
- Dinner in a greek traditional tavern in Plaka with folklore greek dances show
- Flight tickets
- Hotel accomodation tax (1.5€ per day per room for 3* hotels / 3€ per day per room for 4* hotels)
*All packages are flexible and dynamic for any changes according to any personal needs and desires upon request.
Welcome to Athens, Greece!
1st day: Welcome from our representative on the arrival at Athens airport, share information and private transfer to your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore on your own Greece’s capital Athens. You can walk (escorted upon request) at the Athens old town, Plaka, one of the picturesque areas of Athens, you can shop greek folk art products and the famous ancient greek style leather sandals at Monastiraki’s flea market, don’t miss to taste the local street food, souvlaki!
2nd day: Today after breakfast your private vehicle with your licensed english speaking guide will be waiting on the hotel’s lobby for a full day Athens sightseeing! We start with the Constitution Square (Syntagma), the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier and the National Library. Driving down Herod Atticus st., you will see the Evzones in their picturesque uniform and the Presidential Palace. On your way to the Acropolis you will see the Hadrian’s Arch, visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and you will make a short stop at the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896. Then Acropolis, the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens (5th century BC), Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion, and finally Parthenon, an ode to civilization. We complete the visit with the New Museum of Acropolis. Afterwards return to the hotel for some rest and in the evening escorted walk to a traditional tavern-restaurant in Plaka where you will taste greek local dishes, amazing wine under the sounds of greek folk music. An impressive performance with greek dances from professional dancers in greek traditional costumes will introduce you Greece with the best way!
3rd day: Morning free time and private transfer to Athens airport for your home flight or your connecting flight to your next destination.